Graphics by Jen Hageman. Photo by Liz Leisure.

Thanks girls!!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Long time...

Wow! I'm not sure what I've been doing to keep busy but I sure forgot to update my blog!! SORRY! I have been very tired since my last chemo treatments. I started my chemo in Philly and then had my second part of that cycle at OSU. It was nice to see all my old nurses & doc.

So I was supposed to start another cycle of chemo on Wed. Dec 7th but my labs were all off. My platelets were only 9,000 so that specifically kept me from getting chemo. My next chemo will be Wed. Dec 14th if my labs are ok. I'm really not looking forward to it anyways because my mouth has been so sore for about 3 weeks now.

After I complete another cycle of chemo at OSU I will then return to Philly the first week of Jan for a PET Scan. So we will see if this chemo combo is working.

UPDATE ON MOM:
The day after Thanksgiving Mom moved to the Carlisle House in Bucyrus. We were having a hard time finding around-the-clock care for her at home. She didn't like it much at first and was crying a lot but the last few days she seems to have accepted it better. She still gets confused at times and she has falled a few times. They are working really hard to keep her safe. She has a new wheelchair that reclines and is harder to get out of. Todd & Lisa & I were out tonight for their Christmas meal that they have for the families. It was very nice!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, Wanted to say Hey! Let you know I am still following you. Think of you all the time. Your child hood friend. Alvina! Get a chance, my email is still the same. Luv u...

It's 2010! Time to Reflect...

Almost 18 months cancer-free...how long will it last? Such an aggressive cancer, this damn Leiomyosarcoma! Every CT/MRI I have had since my completion of radiation in August 2008 was VERY stressful. Even when I didn't realize it, "SCAN"XIETY loomed in the back of head. Knowing that I had a 50% chance of the cancer returning. Wondering if NOT having chemo back then was the right path. Since my doc's hadn't dealt with many sarcomas, did they really know the BEST treatments?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The last year and half has brought me so much joy and contentment. To be a GRANDMA! Wow. I love it! To become so much closer to my family. My sis is my best friend now! My husband and I couldn't be any closer. I get to see my daughter and her family every week when I go to babysit my little Maxton. My stepdaughter moved in with our youngest grandson, Marcus, for 6 months. He is a little angel. My Mom has been so much help to me through all my health issues. My stepdad and I have become closer than I ever thought possible. He has been down the cancer road as well. My Mother-in-law has moved closer to us and our relationship has grown. And then I began working at Samaritan and have some wonderful friends! I love that place so much! It's worth the 45 minute drive.

I HAVE A WONDERFUL LIFE!
And I know how to live it...by the seat of my pants! :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a beer (or tequila) in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming "woo hoo, what a ride"

**HEY! DON'T FORGET TO GO TO "OLDER POSTS" JUST ABOVE THIS ON THE RIGHT. LOTS OF COOL INFO THERE TOO! YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ME WITH TIM MCGRAW!