Graphics by Jen Hageman. Photo by Liz Leisure.

Thanks girls!!

Friday, March 9, 2012

Things are going great!

Not much to report lately. I just called Sloan Kettering Hospital today to see if they received my medical records from the 5 different places I had to call. They had NOT received ANY!!! So I had to make all the calls again. Hopefully the records will get sent now so they can review to see if they could possibly do anything for my tumor.

I'm still feeling great! Not tired or worn down like I was. Feel like doing things now! Yeah!! I have been having a little more edema in my left leg the last few days. I hope that doesn't start to increase!! Gary & I are planning to go to Cozmel, Mexico in April with Lindy & Lisa Rachel. I want to feel good for that! Dr Dome has me a little worried though. She said there is a possibility that I could go into flash pulmonary edema since I will be off dialysis for a week. They talked about me having dialysis done in Mexico but I really DO NOT want to do that! I would be nervous just going off the resort premises! And their healthcare there is just not up to US standards either! Uggggg. I hope I can go without it!

We are also planning a trip to Hocking Hills for 4 days with my family in a couple weeks. I will be able to have dialysis right before I go and when I get home so it won't be so long. I'm so excited about this trip too! We have never gotten my sis & brother and their families together for a trip. Fun, fun!! We are going to celebrate with St Patty's fun...green t-shirts, green eggs & green pancakes, etc.

We are also looking for someone to remodel our basement for us. We need a new ceiling, new drywalls, and flooring. We have done all the other work in the house and are just ready to have someone else do the work now! lol. Please let me know if you know of anyone who would be good for this job!

Still missing my Mom every day but it's getting better. I don't cry EVERY time I think about her now. :) I love you Mom!!!

0 comments:

It's 2010! Time to Reflect...

Almost 18 months cancer-free...how long will it last? Such an aggressive cancer, this damn Leiomyosarcoma! Every CT/MRI I have had since my completion of radiation in August 2008 was VERY stressful. Even when I didn't realize it, "SCAN"XIETY loomed in the back of head. Knowing that I had a 50% chance of the cancer returning. Wondering if NOT having chemo back then was the right path. Since my doc's hadn't dealt with many sarcomas, did they really know the BEST treatments?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The last year and half has brought me so much joy and contentment. To be a GRANDMA! Wow. I love it! To become so much closer to my family. My sis is my best friend now! My husband and I couldn't be any closer. I get to see my daughter and her family every week when I go to babysit my little Maxton. My stepdaughter moved in with our youngest grandson, Marcus, for 6 months. He is a little angel. My Mom has been so much help to me through all my health issues. My stepdad and I have become closer than I ever thought possible. He has been down the cancer road as well. My Mother-in-law has moved closer to us and our relationship has grown. And then I began working at Samaritan and have some wonderful friends! I love that place so much! It's worth the 45 minute drive.

I HAVE A WONDERFUL LIFE!
And I know how to live it...by the seat of my pants! :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a beer (or tequila) in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming "woo hoo, what a ride"

**HEY! DON'T FORGET TO GO TO "OLDER POSTS" JUST ABOVE THIS ON THE RIGHT. LOTS OF COOL INFO THERE TOO! YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ME WITH TIM MCGRAW!