Graphics by Jen Hageman. Photo by Liz Leisure.

Thanks girls!!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Florida

Well, since Gary had a little trip to Mexico last month and I was not allowed by my doc to leave the US, my friend, Dot invited me down to see her in Florida for a week. The first few days were very nice. We did a little shopping and had some nice dinners out. We popped into the Daquiri Deck for a few yummy drinks one night.


AND THEN...
On Sunday night I fell in her bathroom and hit my head on her toilet tank. It busted all over the place!! The floor had 2 inches of water from the tank breaking. So SORRY DOT!!! Well, after that I proceeeded to have 2 seizures and so she called 911 to take me to the hospital. She called Gary to come down ASAP and he arrived on Monday. I was so glad to see him!!! I had a brief episode of ammnesia and they had to reorient me. That was kind of scarey!! So, I spent 4 days in the hospital. I continued with my dialysis as an inpatient while in there. They also had to replace my dialysis cath because it had clotted. THAT HURT!! Then Gary stayed with me until Friday, which was my date to return. He was able to get on my flight back which was nice!


Since then I have been taking it easy trying to recover from the fall. The goose egg on my head is much better but my left ribs still hurt quite a bit. I also pulled my sciatic somehow and that has really been painful. Ok, other than that, I'm doing very well.

NO ZIPLINING!
Since I am not fully recovered from this I have cancelled the ziplining adventature for this weekend. Sorry all but I know I can't put a harness around my chest! Maybe another time...

0 comments:

It's 2010! Time to Reflect...

Almost 18 months cancer-free...how long will it last? Such an aggressive cancer, this damn Leiomyosarcoma! Every CT/MRI I have had since my completion of radiation in August 2008 was VERY stressful. Even when I didn't realize it, "SCAN"XIETY loomed in the back of head. Knowing that I had a 50% chance of the cancer returning. Wondering if NOT having chemo back then was the right path. Since my doc's hadn't dealt with many sarcomas, did they really know the BEST treatments?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The last year and half has brought me so much joy and contentment. To be a GRANDMA! Wow. I love it! To become so much closer to my family. My sis is my best friend now! My husband and I couldn't be any closer. I get to see my daughter and her family every week when I go to babysit my little Maxton. My stepdaughter moved in with our youngest grandson, Marcus, for 6 months. He is a little angel. My Mom has been so much help to me through all my health issues. My stepdad and I have become closer than I ever thought possible. He has been down the cancer road as well. My Mother-in-law has moved closer to us and our relationship has grown. And then I began working at Samaritan and have some wonderful friends! I love that place so much! It's worth the 45 minute drive.

I HAVE A WONDERFUL LIFE!
And I know how to live it...by the seat of my pants! :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a beer (or tequila) in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming "woo hoo, what a ride"

**HEY! DON'T FORGET TO GO TO "OLDER POSTS" JUST ABOVE THIS ON THE RIGHT. LOTS OF COOL INFO THERE TOO! YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ME WITH TIM MCGRAW!