Graphics by Jen Hageman. Photo by Liz Leisure.

Thanks girls!!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Feeling great!!

This week has been much better than last. I have not vomited at all on Monday or Tuesday. And just a hint of nausea but it's tolerable. Tomorrow, I'll get packed for my trip to Philly on Thursday. I hope all goes well. I am scheduled to see Dr. Standiford, the Surgeon and Dr. Willis, my Oncologist. I'm really excited to see them. It has been 2 months since a face-to-face visit with them. I'm not sure if I have to be admitted this time or not for my chemo. I also get to meet with the Naturalpathic Dept, & Nutrition during my visit. My weight this morning was 129#. I'm hoping I can put some back on in the next few days before the nausea kicks in from Thursday's chemo. My hair is still falling out. It's just small amounts at a time so I'm not going to shave it yet! Oh, I need to get a few of my hats back from my mom. Her hair has grown back anyways so she doesn't need them. Later people...

0 comments:

It's 2010! Time to Reflect...

Almost 18 months cancer-free...how long will it last? Such an aggressive cancer, this damn Leiomyosarcoma! Every CT/MRI I have had since my completion of radiation in August 2008 was VERY stressful. Even when I didn't realize it, "SCAN"XIETY loomed in the back of head. Knowing that I had a 50% chance of the cancer returning. Wondering if NOT having chemo back then was the right path. Since my doc's hadn't dealt with many sarcomas, did they really know the BEST treatments?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The last year and half has brought me so much joy and contentment. To be a GRANDMA! Wow. I love it! To become so much closer to my family. My sis is my best friend now! My husband and I couldn't be any closer. I get to see my daughter and her family every week when I go to babysit my little Maxton. My stepdaughter moved in with our youngest grandson, Marcus, for 6 months. He is a little angel. My Mom has been so much help to me through all my health issues. My stepdad and I have become closer than I ever thought possible. He has been down the cancer road as well. My Mother-in-law has moved closer to us and our relationship has grown. And then I began working at Samaritan and have some wonderful friends! I love that place so much! It's worth the 45 minute drive.

I HAVE A WONDERFUL LIFE!
And I know how to live it...by the seat of my pants! :)

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a beer (or tequila) in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, screaming "woo hoo, what a ride"

**HEY! DON'T FORGET TO GO TO "OLDER POSTS" JUST ABOVE THIS ON THE RIGHT. LOTS OF COOL INFO THERE TOO! YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS ME WITH TIM MCGRAW!